Thursday 4 November 2010

research into shapes looking at cut out shapes from objects, inspiring me to explore shape and form to another level.

Looking in to Designers work like Facchinetti for Valentino, Heather Huey looking at Collodion times. They both used cages as an inspiration, i thought this would help me into research as its a 3design, and has rectangular see through shapes. 
The work of Bridget Riley inspired me as she designs art work relating to shapes here are a few pieces, I have related them to Designers work to create an essence and feel of her work. 




I looked into spiderwebs for more shape and pattern from this I looked into knitwear looking at chunky knit which creates a soft structured look and cut out shapes.


I also looked into gates as this was one of my starting points of my photograph. Gates creates lots of unusual shapes, from this i can create patterns and prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment